Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Top 10 Cheap as Fuck posts from 2013

I was curious which posts from the past year got the most traffic, so I thought I'd post the list. It's interesting. The "Do I Need This?" posts are pretty popular, which is nice, because they are fairly time consuming to write. Since my blog doesn't have a big following, the most viewed posts are definitely ones that people tend to find in google searches. Poor saps trying to find decent swatches and instead finding . . . this. As a result, I don't think they are necessarily the most fun or interesting posts, though some of them are arguably the most useful. Others are pretty much utterly useless at this point. For instance, #6 is just a throwaway post mentioning that a LORAC palette was for sale from HauteLook. I think people got to it while googling for swatches, but since I don't own that palette, there are none. Sorry for being useless. (Maybe I should delete the post, but I'm not really in the habit of deleting posts once their content becomes obsolete. That would be kind of a weird thing to do.) Also, it's fairly obvious why the giveaway post is in the list. (By the way, I'm going to be doing another giveaway later this month.)

Anyway, the top ten list is below. Are these types of posts you've found most helpful and/or interesting too? I'm not really going to start tailoring my content to get more hits, since some of the posts I have the most fun with, like mocking xoVain bullshit, get relatively low traffic. But it's always nice to know what people like. I can always do more of certain things.

10. $2 Dupe for Chanel Azure nail polish (May 2013)
9. 1 Year Anniversary Giveaway (July 2013)
8. Do I Need This? Eyeshadow Primer (May 2013)
7. Swatches and Reviews of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream and Butter Gloss and Revlon Balm Stains and Lip Butters (April 2013)
6. LORAC Little Lace Palettes $12 from HauteLook (October 2013)
5. Wait, a mask that actually does something for oily skin and blackheads? (April 2013)
4. Review and swatches: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive (October 2013)
3. Do I Need This? Beauty Blender sponge (and a comparison with cheaper versions) (March 2013)
2. Revlon Colorburst Lacquer and Matte Balms with review and swatches (October 2013)
1. Do I Need This? Highlighting and Contouring (April 2013)

Apparently I was busy in April, May, and October.

Sidenote: My computer has been fixed, finally. I lost all the photos I took in the last few weeks, though, so I will have to redo them. By next week I should be up and running at my usual (snail's?) pace again.

And Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...