Thursday, May 9, 2013

No buy!

Okay. Deep breath. I'm going to do what in the beauty blogging world is called a "no buy", I believe. It means that I have made an agreement with myself to not buy any more beauty/skincare/haircare products for 1 month, starting now. Hopefully I will extend it past 1 month, but one step at a time.

I mean, partly, big fucking deal, because lots of people go months without buying this kind of shit. I don't need a pat on the back or a cookie. But this blog is supposed to be about not wasting money, and I have become pretty bad at that recently. When you're looking for deals to post all the time, it's hard not to take advantage of them. But the main reason I'm doing this . . . well there are a couple. A major one is because I'm moving in August, and I need to stop accumulating more shit that I'm just going to have to pack up, and I need to stop spending money so that I can save up for whatever I need for the new place. The other main reason is that I have a backlog of things to write about for the blog, so if I keep buying more, I'm just going to get buried even deeper.


I'm allowing myself a few specific exceptions from the no buy:
  • Too Faced Lip Insurance, if I can get it 30% off or more: this shit is just so useful, and I haven't been able to find a cheap alternative.
  • Things I actually run out of: for example, I'm getting low on topcoat, nail polish remover, pressed powder, etc. I'll replace those when they're gone.
  • Ipsy Glam Bag: I'm going to keep getting this for $10 a month (I'll review it soon).
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Seashore Frosts: This is limited edition and looks really fucking cool, so if I see it, I'm going to buy it.
But that's it! I will try to confess to you if I cheat, so that you can all shame me.

As part of my process of clearing out clutter before I move, I'm also going to set up a blog sale some time in the next month or so. It'll mostly be nail polish, but there will be a few makeup items in there too. It'll all be good shit that I've used 0-2 times, but that doesn't work for me, or for which I have dupes, etc. Stay tuned for that.

2 comments:

  1. Don't even talk to me about that fucking Seahorse Frosting because I can't find it anywhere. Eyeshadow is my least purchased product but goddamnit I bought that LE Milani black shadow stick and I want Seashanty Foghorn to put over it.

    But good luck with the no buy and moving is a bastard so the fewer things the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping ULTA will have it. Maybe? I haven't seen the display anywhere so far. I like your names for it better. They make just as much sense.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...