Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Don't Bother With ProActiv (from Slate)

Here's an excerpt from this article on why ProActiv is overpriced at best and a scam at worst:

Marcotte: I suspect a lot of people are wary of buying skin care products sold on TV, but they sign up for Proactiv because the ads do a good job of implying that it is better than anything else on the market for clearing up acne. Is it?
Romanowski: No. They use standard (effective) technology, but their products are not better than the stuff you could buy at Target or Wal-Mart. Anti-acne products are over-the-counter drugs regulated by the Food and Drug Administration. Manufacturers are limited in the technologies and claims they can use.

1 comment:

  1. Around when Proactiv firsy came out I signed up and it did nothing for my acne but did make my skin REALLY soft. But they made it a huge hassle to cancel. I had been differing it for months because of money then when I finally called the lady just kept on and on and I started crying on the phone because I just wanted it canceled I didn't want like a free kidney or something. (I was about to be homeless and needless to say I didn't need fucking prioactiv)

    So yeah I'm like fuck ProActiv.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...