Friday, July 19, 2013

Quick review of Olay Shine, Shine Go Away! Shine Minimizing Cleanser: Meh.

I don't have a whole lot to say here. I got a travel-size tube of this that I took to my parents' place when I stayed there for a week, since I have no idea what the hell my mother washes her face with, because there is never any face soap there. The most interesting thing about this cleanser was how it looked: it was like a silvery-grey cream. Kind of iridescent. Weird. Anyway, it lathered up really easily and felt nice. But it left my skin feeling kind of tight and didn't do anything at all to reduce shine. I have oily/combination skin, and the shininess came back in a couple of hours, as usual.

I didn't take many of my other usual skin care products home with me, and I suffered for it. I ended up with a few huge cystic zits, a billion blackheads, and just overall gross skin by the end of the week. I'm not saying this cleanser caused the problems, but it certainly didn't do anything to help. I only got through half the little tube, but I just ditched it there. I was glad to get back home to my usual routine and my clay mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...