Friday, May 31, 2013

UPDATED: Avon Glazewear Lip Gloss Swatches, Photos, and Review

UPDATE: I redid the photos of these glosses, since I really hated the old ones I had, and added a new shade (Plum).
Avon Glazewear Lip Glosses, natural light: (left to right) Diamond Dazzle, Mirage, Iced Pink, Darling Pink, Cinnamon Apple, Rave, Crimson, Intense Plum, Cherry Liqueur
Avon Glazewear Lip Glosses, with flash: (left to right) Diamond Dazzle, Mirage, Iced Pink, Darling Pink, Cinnamon Apple, Rave, Crimson, Intense Plum, Cherry Liqueur
This isn't usually the sort of blog where I swatch a single product in a bunch of different shades, and holy shit, it was a lot of work! I don't know how swatching bloggers can stand it. But I love Avon Glazewear Lip Gloss so fucking much! I bought a bunch of minis recently, so I thought I'd post some photos. I hope they are useful, because the color swatches on the Avon website are not very accurate, and they don't provide descriptions, so it's difficult to tell what you're getting. For instance, from the website, I would have guessed that Rave is brownish, when it's really a purple-pink. 

I've raved about the formula and finish of this lip gloss before, and I still think it's one of the best ones out there. Note that I don't say best for the price. I mean this is one of the best glosses out there for any price, period. It's not sticky, it's moisturizing (or at least not drying), it stays put, and it has absolutely no smell or taste (I think that's ideal, since every scent will annoy someone). They don't bleed, and most don't settle into lip lines at all (the "Intense" shades do, slightly, but it is only noticeable very close up). They come in a nicely sized tube with the use doe-foot applicator. I have no complaints about the packaging at all. I've been impressed with every shade I've tried. The regular price for these glosses is $6, which is good to begin with, but they are frequently on sale or part of some BOGO type deal. I've never had to spend more than $3 on one.

The finishes of the glosses are divided into "Shine", "Sparkle", and "Intense" categories, which I have indicated below. They all look more translucent than they really are with flash. I think you will get a better sense of how the colors compare from the swatches above, and a better sense of the finish of the glosses from the photos below.
My bare lips, for comparison (natural light)
Diamond Dazzle (natural light): "Sparkle", clear with sparkly, translucent shimmer
Diamond Dazzle (flash)
Mirage (natural light): "Sparkle", clear base with gold shimmer, similar to Diamond Dazzle
but gold, good for layering over other lip colors
Mirage (flash)
Iced Pink (natural light): "Shine", pale, pearly, cool pink with maybe a hint of gold shimmer
Iced Pink (flash)
Darling Pink (natural light): "Shine", warmer than Iced Pink with little shimmer
Darling Pink (flash)

Apple Cinnamon (natural light): "Sparkle", warm, rosy neutral with
gold shimmer, dupe for Mac VivaGlam VI Lipglass
Apple Cinnamon (flash): the red glitter particles are not noticeable at all 
in person, other than as part of the overall shimmer

Rave (natural light): "Sparkle", absolutely stunning purplish-pink with tons of golden and iridescent, 
almost holographic shimmer
Rave (flash)
Crimson (natural light): "Intense", mostly opaque plum with subtle shimmer
Crimson (flash): color is more accurate here than in previous photo
Intense Plum (natural light): "Intense", cool berry with a pearly finish
Intense Plum (flash)
Cherry Liqueur (natural light): "Intense", almost opaque, like a liquid lipstick,
brick red, no shimmer at all
Cherry Liqueur (flash)
If you are considering getting one of these, I highly, HIGHLY recommend you try Rave. It is really spectacular. A wearable color with a mind-boggling finish. I couldn't get it to photograph properly at all. It's one of those things that you really have to see in motion, because it depends on the light reflecting off of it. My least favorite is probably Iced Pink, just because that sort of frosty, pale color doesn't do a lot for me. It's still pretty, though. And Darling Pink doesn't show up much on my pigmented lips.

Have you tried these yet? Which is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. These are my favorite lipglosses hands down. I have Mocha Latte and Apple Cinnamon and love them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...