Thursday, December 13, 2012

Your Claws: Cuticle Cleaning Brush

I got the e.l.f. $1 concealer brush, because I'd read that it was what a bunch of nail polish bloggers used to clean up around their cuticles after painting their nails. I didn't have much confidence in my abilities, but it turns out that this is really fucking easy to do.

You just dip this little brush in some nail polish remover and swipe it back and forth around your cuticles. It makes everything neat and pretty. And you don't really need a steady hand, because you can just sort of use the cuticle as a guide. My non-dominant hand looks better, but the other one is pretty damned good too. Lots of bloggers use 100% acetone to do this, which might be faster, but I just used regular remover, and it was good enough.

Here's my attempt at one of those pretty nail photos. Um, not great, but it'll do.


While you're at it, you should really pick up this Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polish in The Real Teal. It's one of my favorites, ever. Look at the shimmer!


You can get it at most drugstores/grocery stores/big box department stores (is that how we categorize Target etc.?) for around $3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...