Thursday, March 26, 2015

Empties II

According to my phone I took this photo February 22, and I hadn't had time to post it until today. Obvious these things are not very up to date, and I've finish a bunch of shit in the meantime, which will have to wait until who knows when for a post. It's like some very boring version of time travel.


I didn't arrange them in the photo in a way that is conducive to neat categorization, I'm afraid, so I hope my grouping isn't too annoying. (As usual I'm not necessarily going to say much about shampoo/conditioner or foils unless there was something memorable about them.)

I have such a ridiculous hoard of mini shampoos and lotions and foils that I'm trying to use them up before I buy any more full size products, so expect lots of little things for the next while.

Makeup

Boots No. 7 Lift and Luminate foundation: Reviewed here. As you can see, I sadly did not finish it before it started to separate, and since it's in an airtight pump, I can't even shake it to mix it together a bit. I like the formula, but it's too dark, so I don't know if I'd buy it again, even though I have some white base to mix with it. And now no use for the white.

Be a Bombshell Eyeliner in Onyx: Got it from Ipsy once upon a time. It's a really fat felt tip pen. It only used it a few times before it dried up.

Mascara: I got this in a consumer testing program, so I'm not allowed to say what brand it is. But if you know your mascara tube shapes, you might recognize it. It's a pretty famous one. If you could see the brush, you would definitely recognize it. That's all I'm going to say! Sshhhh!

Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Primer (mini): Honestly, I'm not sure these primers do anything that another coat of mascara wouldn't do.

e.l.f. Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Party: Reviewed here. It still hadn't dried up, but the smell went funky, so it had to go. But it lasted 2 years, not bad for a cream shadow.

Avon Glazewear Lip Gloss in Apple Cinnamon: Reviewed here. The longer I had this, the grittier it got, so when it started to look chunky in the tube too, I tossed it. It probably had it for two years before it got bad.

Hair

Teadora Rainforest at Dawn Shampoo and Conditioner (minis): Really mediocre, packaged in stiff bottles that you can't squeeze, and certainly not worth the price.

Jhirmack SilverPlus shampoo: This is dark purple shampoo that I bought this when I tried to dye my hair dark blond and it turned strawberry blond. It made no difference - I guess it only works on very light hair. It is an extremely strong shampoo that was good for weekly clarifying, though.

Nexxus Humectress conditioner: One of my favorite conditioners ever. Make my hair soft and shiny and easy to comb.

Dove Oxygen Moisture shampoo (mini)

Davines OI Conditioner (foil)

Lotions and Moisturizers

Ahava Age-Perfecting SPF 15 hand cream (foil): Smells like sunscreen and wasn't particularly moisturizing. I wouldn't buy it anyway, because I make an effort not to buy products from companies that operate in the occupied territories.

Chanel Le Lift Anti-Wrinkle Cream (foil): No noticeable effects other than a fucking obnoxious fragrance.

Philosophy Renewed Hope (foil)

Moody Sisters Lightweight Moisturizer (foil): Now this is interesting. Initially I thought the package must be mislabeled, because it's a thin, watery substance like a toner. But no, that's what this moisturizer is. It's a bit mess to apply as a result, but it works very well. It has a light lavender scent.

DermOrganic Hand/Body Moisture Lotion (mini): This worked okay, but sometimes it left a scent on my hands that was almost like fake tanner. Wouldn't buy it.

Gold Bond Ultimate Moisturizing Skin Therapy Lotion (mini): Got this in my Xmas stocking. It's a very effective hand cream.

Other Skin Care

Simple Cleaning Facial Wipes: My favorite. Effective without drying me out.

Pacifica Sea Foam cleanser (mini): Reviewed here.

Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel (mini): Got it from Birchbox. Never noticed any results whatsoever when using it (and it was large enough for several uses).

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (mini): Got it from Birchbox, and it was something I'd wanted to try. Overall I think the cloth and the multi-step process do more to really cleanse your skin than the actual cleanser. It was a little too creamy for me, so I ended up using it as a first step when I was wearing a lot of makeup, and then washing again with a lighter face wash after. I wouldn't buy it.

Coppertone Clearly Sheer SPF 30 sunscreen (mini): Reviewed here. This tube was separating (maybe from freezing during air travel?), and I have so many other sunscreens, it's not worth dealing with.

Lip Balm

I have been making a serious effort to finish some of my open lip balms before starting any new ones.

Labello Soft Rosé: This was an impulse purchase in an Italian grocery store, even though I know that I don't usually find these Labello/Nivea lip balms very impressive. It smells lovely but isn't very effective. I used it up by layering it at night over Paula's Choice Lip and Body Treatment Balm, which works better but smells awful. Together they're a good team.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Balm: Here's what I have to say about this.

So that's it! And I have another bag half full under my desk that I will have to get to soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...