Saturday, January 18, 2014

A not-so-radiant orchid: Wet N Wild MegaLast in Bite the Bullet (a possible dupe for the new Zoya Odette)

Before you scroll down any further, let me apologize for the grainy photos. It's January and so the lighting is terrible - and so is everything else, because it's January.

But I thought I would post about this $2 nail polish in case anyone else had been eyeing Odette from the new Zoya Naturels (so frawnch) collection that has appeared on pretty much every nail blog around in the last month or so (here's one). Odette was the only one in the collection that really appealed to me, but because I am mega-broke at the moment, I didn't even get it during their 3 free polishes offer this month. I am also mega-weak, though, so I did pick up Wet N Wild Bite the Bullet at the drugstore for $2. I really like it. I can't tell you for sure if it's a dupe for Odette, but it looks pretty similar to the photos I've seen. (Odette might actually be somewhere in between Bite the Bullet and Wet N Wild Megalast Undercover, since in some photos, it has a little more rose in it. It kind of looks like a different color on every blog.) Dupe or not, Bite the Bullet is pretty polish. Two coats with topcoat below.
Swatch of Wet N Wild MegaLast nail polish in Bite the Bullet
Swatch of Wet N Wild MegaLast nail polish in Bite the Bullet
Swatch of Wet N Wild MegaLast nail polish in Bite the Bullet
Swatch of Wet N Wild MegaLast nail polish in Bite the Bullet
In addition, if you're into this whole Pantone Color of the Year thing, this might work for you. I don't totally get the idea behind that, except that Pantone picks a color and tells us that we're all supposed to like it for a year. This pronouncement does lead to makeup products at Sephora in colors we might not otherwise see, so sure, that's cool. This year, it's "Radiant Orchid," which is a specific Pantone code. The online roundups of shit in this color that I've seen, however, have been anything roughly in the medium-light pinkish-purple range. So here is my contribution, even if it is not-so-radiant. You'll be oh so super trendy for $2.

8 comments:

  1. I like it -- anything with a dusty undertone is fine in my books...and the price is damn-near unbeatable. I also wanted to say...love the new layout. :)

    Kalyn @ The Scenic Route
    http://www.kalynlord.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I decided I needed a redesign (i.e. I have important things to do and am looking to procrastinate).

      Delete
  2. I hope "frawnch" was a reference to Better Off Dead. Frawnch fries, franwch toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to disappoint! I don't know where I got that . . . so maybe? Second hand? Let's pretend.

      Delete
  3. Too bad you didn't do an ombre design :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really a nail art person. Too much work, and I never like it as much as I hope I will. What other colors would you suggest with this one, though?

      Delete
  4. Lame joke on my part. I was just referencing the ombre slap fight on Pinterest you posted earlier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, of course. See, one of the things January definitely make more terrible is my brain.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...