Friday, September 6, 2013

Review: Freeman Pink Grapefruit Facial Exfoliating Scrub

Freeman Pink Grapefruit Facial Exfoliating Scrub review
Update: This product contains polyethylene microbeads, which have been determined to be an environmental pollutant. So I'm not recommending it.

I was getting a little bored with my usual method of in-shower facial exfoliation (honey + brown sugar), so I figured I'd give the Freeman Grapefruit Scrub a try. I was surprised when I first squeezed some into my hand, because it didn't look very scrubby. The particles are very fine and sparse, so I was a little disappointed and concerned that it wouldn't be especially effective.

But it won me over.
Though it doesn't feel very gritty at all on the skin, it does leave my skin feeling softer and fresher after I use it. The gentleness is probably a good thing, because you want to be sure your skin isn't actually being abraded (so I would avoid products with things like walnut or apricot shell in them). You don't want to anger it. You won't feel this shit scrubbing much while it's scrubbing, but in the end, it's done its job. It even works fairly well for exfoliating the lips.

It has a mild grapefruit scent. It's pleasant, but not overwhelming. I like that too - I don't really need to be massaging perfume into my face.

My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to do a great job of removing oil, so if you have oily skin like me, you might want to follow up with a quick wash from your usual cleanser. If you have dry skin, this might work well on its own.

Overall, I think this is a nice, gentle, but effective scrub. I use it a couple of times a week, and I'm satisfied with it. And of course, the fact that it's cheap ($4) is always a bonus around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...