Saturday, December 29, 2012

Fix Your Face Quick Review: NYX Concealer Wand


I have the NYX Concealer Wand in Fair (a.k.a. HD Photogenic Concealer - the label and the website description give different names). As part of my search for a good, affordable concealer, I've been using it for a couple months now, both for blemishes and under my eyes, so here's what I think.

Pros:

  • Good texture. It's creamy - not too thick, not too runny.
  • Sets quickly, but not too quickly. You have time to blend it.
  • Decent coverage. I have very light skin and dark fucking circles under my eyes (think: Uncle Fester), and this eliminates them in a natural-looking way.
  • Unscented.
  • Cheapish: $5.
Cons:
  • Settles into lines/wrinkles under eyes. I have to blend it multiple times while I'm applying the rest of my makeup, and each time I do, some of it gets removed.
  • Highlights dry skin/flakes. I think probably every concealer does, though.
  • Doesn't last. 3-4 hours later, I'm a zitty vampire again. It does a better job staying put on the blemishes than the eyes. Even over primer.
  • Very, very pale. The Fair shade is described as a "beige shade with pink undertones" on the NYX website, but it's so pale that it's almost white. Definitely check these out in person before buying.
For me, the cons outweigh the pros. It doesn't matter how well it camouflages my flaws if they pop up again a few hours later. This may be just because I have oily skin, but I want something that's both easy to use and lasts! And is cheap as fuck. I know it exists, somewhere. I'll keep using this until I find something better. It's not terrible. I prefer it to the Revlon ColorStay UnderEye Concealer, which I used once and then returned to CVS. It settled into lines AND didn't cover up my death rings for shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...