Saturday, December 8, 2012

e.l.f. dud

File this under: Don't Buy.

I got my e.l.f. order from the Cyber Monday sale today. I just played with all my new toys for a few minutes, and everything looks great, except one thing. (I'll do some reviews of the good stuff soon.)

The one dud is the Studio Waterproof Eyeliner Crayon in Champagne. It's useless, basically. It's so hard and waxy that you'd have to have eyelids of steel to get it to work. I even tried it on the browbone, and it wasn't happening. Believe me - I tried to make this work. I thought maybe just the outer layer was hard, but no. Removing that did not help.

Also, it's full of glitter, so it feels incredibly gritty and abrasive on your skin. It's not fun. What you end up with on your skin in the end is some patchy-looking color with glitter speckled across it. And the best part? If you try to use your finger to blend it, it balls up sort of like glue and comes off. Gross. Maybe the other colors are better? I'm not going to bother to find out.

Absolutely fucking useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...