Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Review: Influenster Beauty Blogger VoxBox

So, Influenster is this site where you sign up, and if you have a web presence (blog, Twitter, whatever), you can earn badges for various interests, and they might send you shit to review. Not just beauty stuff - there are badges for food, wine, gaming, outdoorsiness, wedding-planning, etc. I am apparently officially a beauty blogger, so I got a box full of beauty shit. 


(If you want an invite, send me a message or an email at cheapasf@gmail.com. I only get 5 invites, so I am supposed to choose them carefully, but … )


Here’s the swag:



As usual, I’m just going to tell you what I got in the box and what I think of it. I’m not comfortable being all, “Ooooh, this all looks great! I’m so excited!” even though I like getting free shit. I’ve noticed that some bloggers only seem to post positive reviews, but that seems to defeat the purpose of reviewing, right? And I’m not a promoter. 


In the box:


  • Vitabath Fragrance Mist in Nouveau Rose. I don’t usually buy body spray, because it seems a little redundant. I already use smelly bath products, and sometimes perfume or scented lotion. But this smells pretty good. One of my coworkers remarked on how nice I smelled when I used it, and the scent lingered in the bathroom for part of the day. So if you use these sorts of things, this might be worth a try.

  • Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin. I’m going to do a separate post for these soon, because I fucking love them. I already had some, but I was happy to get another set.

  • Not Your Mother’s Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Creme. Okay, first of all, I do not want to think about any kinky moves my mother might have. Second of all, I do not have curly hair. It is absolutely stick straight. So this did not “encourage [my] natural curls” as promised, as there are none. I guess it’s okay as a sort of smoothing lotion. It smells kind of gross, though.

  • Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit. I don’t wear fake eyelashes. I don’t know if I will ever use this. My lashes are short and sparse and blond, which means it would look really obvious and crazy if I wore these, since they are really thick. Once, 4 years ago, I bought $1 fake lashes from e.l.f. and never even bothered to put them on for fun. So I don’t foresee reviewing these.

  • EBOOST Orange-Flavored vitamin drink mix shit. Tastes pretty good. If you like vitamin drinks, you might like this.

  • NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact in Dark Shadows. I’m also going to do a separate post to review this, since I had never tried NYC makeup before. I liked it.

  • Not pictured: Bath and Body Works Mini Candle in Mahogany Teakwood. It smelled too dudely for me, so I gave it to my boyfriend. He liked the scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...