As always, I have a big backlog of things I'd like to write about and little time to do it. Boohoo. If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I got married this past weekend. It was lovely, but even though it was a very small and very simple wedding, planning it still took over my entire fucking life. I did my own makeup, so I'll write a post about that once I get some photos back. It was fun. Now I have to get back to all the other things I neglected while I was preoccupied with that.
One of those things is buying basics that I've run out of, like body wash. I also decided to replace the Smith's Rosebud Salve that I recently finished, since it seems to work better than anything else to prevent red, flaky nostrils (you're welcome for that image!). One of the cheapest places I've found it is drugstore.com where it's under $6. But of course you have to spend $35 to get free shipping, and so I have been browsing the site for other things that I actually need, so that I don't pad my cart with superfluous shit just to save $2-3 on that salve.
In the meantime, I have found some things that I don't need, but maybe you do? I hate to see a good deal go to waste. For example:
- The NYX blush in Taupe that a lot of people (paler people, at least) use for contouring is on clearance for $3.75 in the original formula.
- All Real Techniques brushes are 20% off.
- My favorite foundation from Boots No7 is 20% off.
- My favorite Palmer's lip balm is also 20% off.
Other current deals not from drugstore.com:
- All of the Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks are $11 (50% off) at ULTA right now (ETA: and at Sephora and everywhere I guess. Thanks to auxiliary beauty for pointing that out--and suggesting that they might be discontinued? That would be too bad!).
- Choix annual subscriptions are $120 (i.e. $10 a month/50% off) this week. (I'll review this one next month after I get my second box.)
- Tarte has a 7-piece customizable makeup kit for $59, which is a pretty sweet deal (today only). You pick a bag, foundation, blush, lip product, eyeliner, mascara, and brush. I think they are all full size. Pretty good, considering the blushes alone are usually almost $30.
Anything else good out there today? I'll post something more substantive (with photos!) soon. Probably.